Answer the Call of the Wild
“I knew, when I met you, an adventure was going to happen”
Winnie the Pooh
Special Offers for the 2018 Season
To receive advance notice of 2018 season special offers in the making, including Gastro-Getaways planned for May and June, Rainforest Romance Retreats, Guest Loyalty Incentives, and other special offers, stay tuned to this page and sign-up to our Sounder Newsletter below.
Guest Chef Culinary Weekends
If food and wine, wrapped in extraordinary adventure, anticipatory service, healing spa and wellness, luxurious tented accommodation, and super natural memories are your passions, then our new Sound Bites Gastro Getaways Series is not to be missed. Designed to showcase the culinary artisans, growers, farmers, foragers, and guest chefs in and around Clayoquot Sound – and beyond – the series pairs food, wine and small-batch brews and distillations with unique and memorable personalities. Enjoy seasonal activities like wild food foraging, BC spot prawn fishing, and First Nations style alder-smoked salmon staking with fun and informative lectures, wine-pairings, cooking lessons, and book signings. Stay tuned for the 2018 schedule.
Rainforest Wellness Retreats
Yoga and wellness retreats promise an impressive holistic menu of equestrian, marine, wilderness hiking, interpretive forest excursions and restorative activities. Become one with your body, mind, soul and spirit with the balance of wilderness adventures, meditation, yoga, and nourishing food for your soul. Learn to connect with nature by walking, living, and sleeping in balance with nature. Enjoy wellness activities like Healing Grounds Spa treatments, meditations, yoga, rainforest bathing, guided wilderness activities, First Nations interpretive hikes, healthy meals, cooking lessons, and guest instructors. Stay tuned for the 2018 schedule.
Great Canadian Long Weekend
Join us for the last long weekend of the 2018 season as we roll out our forest-lush carpet to celebrate Canada coast-to-coast, right here in Clayoquot Sound, the land that time forgot. This grand finale event includes a festive party and live entertainment by Canadian artists, as well as a picnic on the beach featuring Canadian coast-to-coast regional specialties, to celebrate one of Western Canada’s most spectacular and treasured offering – the annual run of salmon up the Bedwell River. What better way to celebrate the change of seasons than with family and friends at the ultimate summer camp, playing at ultimate adventure, creating ultimate memories. Stay tuned for details of our second annual Great Canadian Long Weekend.
- package rates are per person, based on double occupancy.
- One-hour relaxation massage per-person, included with stays of three or four nights.
- One half-day in-shore ocean or deep sea fishing adventure per family/group, included with stays of three or four nights.
- Additional deep sea fishing (in excess of two miles off-shore) excursions are charged a supplemental fee of $500 per person, minimum of two persons.
- Due to the intimate size and nature of the resort, children must be a minimum of six years of age.
- Children’s Rates apply to children 12 years of age and under, sharing same tent with parents or assigned, at the discretion of the resort, to one of a limited number of rainforest and sunrise deluxe tents across the boardwalk from ensuite and deluxe tents. These tents may be assigned as upgrades, or to children, and are priced relative to season, guest age and occupancy levels.
- Due to a short resort season and limited accommodations, adult double occupancy is required in all ensuite and deluxe tents during peak season stays.
- A single occupancy supplement of $600.00 per night applies during shoulder seasons.
- Environmental Sustainability fee: 3%
- Provincial Hotel Tax: $16 per tent per day
- GST (federal): 5%
- Resort Fee & Gratuity 14%
- All rates are quoted in Canadian funds. Click here to use the XE Currency Converter.
- Baggage allowance per person on the floatplane is 40lbs (18 kilos).
- Guests arriving to the resort before or after extended travel can store excess luggage securely at the floatplane terminal.
Booking & Cancellation
Due to a short resort season, a 50% deposit is taken at time of booking, with the balance due 90 days prior to arrival. If cancellation is received and confirmed 91 days or more prior to arrival, a $500 per person cancellation fee applies. If cancellation is received 0-90 days prior to arrival then the reservation is 100% non-refundable.
Sometimes, due to weather, floatplane schedules are changed or amended by the operator to suit inclement weather, or include a ground transfer component. Such changes and delays are beyond our control and while we and our floatplane partners do our best to adhere to plans, sometimes, for the safety of passengers, scheduled flights are cancelled or delayed until such time as pilots receive the all-clear to take off from YVR South Terminal to fly direct to the resort, or other destination on Vancouver Island to be supplemented by ground and/or boat transfer. Please inquire directly with the resort re policies.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT ALL GUESTS PURCHASE TRAVEL INSURANCE. SHOULD YOU REQUIRE REFERRAL, WE ARE HAPPY TO RECOMMEND THE FOLLOWING UNDERWRITERS: